You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart
Friday, April 20, 2012 @ 10:20 PM | 0 notes

Okay... here's an update of this week's happenings!

Mon was my SMU interview for the School of Economics:) Met abt 7 other budding soon-to-be Economists! I didnt realise all of us have put econs as first choice and are very interested in the subject:) Met someone else from MJ, mingzhuo, its a gd to see a familiar face. The senior we chatted with was very friendly and nice that he helped us to relieve the tense emotion within all of us before the interview.
We had 2 male professors as our interviewers, they're all very nice and friendly ppl. And the interview really isnt as scary as i thought it would be! I volunteered to be the first speaker for both of the questions asked and I stated abt my interests in econs and why smu in particular and also asked them abt the CIP opportunities and shared with them in long-term goal. In my opinion, i think i'm quite satisfied with my own performance though i stammered a bit at the start... I just hope I've covered up sufficient grounds and convinced the 2 professors that i really want a place in SMU economics!
I think i'm too anxious for their reply that every single day I'm going to their portal to check my application status :X Really really hope I can get to study econs! Especially SMU seems to be the best place to study econs in singapore and i like their small class ratio. Pls SMU, give me a reply soon soon!

Tue, I met up with bestie to catch up! That girl had U-town interview in the morning! So we just talked abt uni stuff and I just heard that girl got double acceptance to University of British Columbia and U-town! Congrats! :) I hope I'll get the feeling of joy from uni acceptance like her soon! We went toys R us to play with the cute cute soft toys and relive our childhood! hahahas!


Ms Koh!
Thurs! Met up with Veron and Danielle for sakae buffet! Its been a long long time since we ate sushi!! As usual, the 3 of us r laughing so hard at all the funny things and memories we had in KC! And i was laughing so hard at one of the restraunt crew at sakae that i 'paired' up with danielle by teasing her and insisting the guy was interested in her cos he raised his eyebrowns at her and strike sudden conversations with us! HAHHAAHHA! That was super funny! Ohh! Veron's bloated expression after eating too much sushi was funny tooo! :D Elaine soon came along after her CIP:) Accompanied elaine to the food court for her dinner! We then walked to the esplanade to watch KC Choir Concert. Saw a couple of familar faces we havent seen for 2 years was a gd feeling, seeing the new batch of councillors in their white u and court shoes rushing around reminded me of who i was 3 years ago... hahas.. i miss those days. I had also invited ms koh, our sec 4 form teacher and bio teacher to the concert:) But she's was going to be late, so i left her ticket at the door. The choir's opening song was beautiful life by corraine may! ohhh.. i just love that song! Hearing a choir sing the song that song was very refreshing:) Also, its been a very long time since i heard an all girls choir sing:). The first segment before the intermission was the more formal and 'serious' songs, they also performed their syf piece! And yes, the choir had improved a lot! I'm proud they sound much better than my batch and I'm glad they really do. Ms koh made it in time for the 2nd part! Was so happy to see her! Its like the feeling of old friends seeing each other after a very long time! :) For the 2nd part, the choir sang songs from the phantom of the opera, wicked, sound of music! I was so jealous of them! I wished that i got a chance to perform those songs during my term in choir! After the concert, we chatted a bit, i catch up a bit with ms koh, she seriously never changed much! I could sense she looked tired, yet she still made an effort to drive all the way here to see us! so sweet of her! And her expression was really cute when i told her that she never changed, she smiled and exclaimed like some small little girl! hahahas! Will really miss her! Hope we'll have more KC events! Its like a gathering point for all my KC grp of friends!