What's somebody like you doing in a place like this~
Sunday, July 15, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
| 0 notes
SMU Freshmen Team-building Camp (FTB) was awesome!! It was a 3D2N camp, held at Saribum Scouts Camp! Met awesome ppl, groupmates, facis and did many things I myself never expect to do! I was in Captain America Group 7! :D
On the 1st day, we registered and assembled at SMU admin building! I was one of the lucky few who came early and manage to get a seat. Met lavi and Dharch! Soon the rest of our grp members came! There was an opening address by the Dean, students' association president and like an intro abt the camp! There were 4 clans; captain america, hulk, thor and iron man! I just love all of their cheers! The facis all performed their cheers for us and a mass dance they have created! I love the mass dance the most! While waiting for the bus to fetch us the campsite which is at some ulu place. We introduced ourselves and I found another fellow Meridian, Rachel, who had been sitting in front of me during econs lecture! One of my faci, Chelsea was also my senior!
Upon reaching Saribum campsite, the first activity we had was to pitch a tent! It was my first time pitching a tent, but it was easier than expected.. cos it was the conventional tent where u have to nail it to the ground and stuff, had lunch. Next, we had to come out a name for our grp! And guess what, we're name 'A-hem', cos we have no idea what name we shld have, but it was cute! hahah! Its like the sound when u make when you're coughing. Hahahas! And for our banner, it was rather simple, decorating it with many q. marks ard! And I love the cheer we created! Credits to Jennifer!
It goes like this:
Who are we? A-hem! A-hem!
Who's going to win? A-hem! A-hem!
*turns to other grps*
You think you're gonna win?
*covers mouth* A-hem! A-hem!
Thats the way A-hem! A-hem!
We like it A-hem! A-hem!
Haha! Quite cute right?? I like the part 'you think you're gonna win?' heh!
Played a couple of teambuilding games! One game requires u to climb over the wall! To overcome this activity, i really must thank the guys! For letting my step on them and for pulling me up! I was seriously hanging there and would not be able to pull myself up if Davin didnt apply some arm strength! *Teamwork is the key* And we manage to get everyone across the wall! hehe! A sense of accomplishment!
The 2nd activity is some spiderweb game where we have to get across a series of strings as a grp without touching them! I tell u I've never been so dirty! I seriously followed the guys in front and crawl both on my back and using my arms! Both sides of my body r filled with soil and whatever u can find on the ground! The 3rd activity was to transport each member through the hole of a hanging tyre! My hands was aching straight after the activity! Had mass dance after that! Super fun! I dunno why i like mass dance so much! Hahas! Dinner and a couple of activities at night!
The waiting time for showering was terrible! Waited there with amanda and rachel like forever! But the feeling of being all clean was awesome! I was seriously half awake and asleep the whole night! The tent is seriously insufficient for 5 ppl!!
2nd day! Mass dance, breakfast. And I volunteered to help out for the clan's performance, just thought I shld step up at times and help out(: So the 4 of us, lavi, Ka Shen and Getson who kena picked when he unintentionally raised his hands while yawning! So the 4 of us with a few others from other grps in the same clan decided to do a mass dance. The I/Cs made us split into 3 different grps and each grp was supposed to choreograph their own moves for the respective songs! I can believe i followed Ka Shen and Getson to do the moves for the song 'I'm sexy and I know it', shld have seen the way Ka shen do those moves! Super hilarious! But it was gd!
Played a few games, 1st was one that requires us to slide down into a pool of mud!! Wahh! Ultimate gross!!! The sliding was fun! But not the mud! The next activity was to go down into a milo pool aka mud pool to play captain's ball!! That was the dirtiest day ever!! Wash up! Then we had our night finale! Performed and watch the other clans perform and there was a live band too!! Awesomeness!!! The sound system was super gd and everyone was super high! Was going all hyped up and singing with the grp! After the band stopped playing, they blasted clubbing music! Seriously was like in a club! So many ppl showing off their moves esp the guys! Was seriously enjoying the music! Cant believe I actually had 2nd thoughts of going the camp! Hehe! After that, our grp decided to play more games with each other, afterall its our last night tgt! We played games like 'I never...' ,'2 truths, 1 lie' and the traffic light game where we all exposed our relationship status. After shower, we had htht session with our facis till abt 2plus!
3rd day was the great challenge! Played a series of games with the aim of completing all of them with the shortest period of time. Hahas.. i'm getting lazy to blog abt the 3rd day! Hahas! so yups thats all abt it. Was super super tired when i reached home! Slept like 14h straight after bathing and dinner! Feels so gd to be in my comfy bed! Hahas!
But FTB is seriously a camp not to be missed! Looking forward to our next catch-up session with the grp! Which is dinner and bash at zouk!
Hoping all will keep in touch, bid modules tgt and perhaps go for sch
events tgt(: Captain America Gp 7 FTW! If u guys ever see this, though
I'm the quieter side, and easy-going as most have described abt ur
impression of me... hahas! But just wanna say love you guys!! And hope u
all had as much fun as I did!

What's somebody like you doing in a place like this~
Sunday, July 15, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
| 0 notes
SMU Freshmen Team-building Camp (FTB) was awesome!! It was a 3D2N camp, held at Saribum Scouts Camp! Met awesome ppl, groupmates, facis and did many things I myself never expect to do! I was in Captain America Group 7! :D
On the 1st day, we registered and assembled at SMU admin building! I was one of the lucky few who came early and manage to get a seat. Met lavi and Dharch! Soon the rest of our grp members came! There was an opening address by the Dean, students' association president and like an intro abt the camp! There were 4 clans; captain america, hulk, thor and iron man! I just love all of their cheers! The facis all performed their cheers for us and a mass dance they have created! I love the mass dance the most! While waiting for the bus to fetch us the campsite which is at some ulu place. We introduced ourselves and I found another fellow Meridian, Rachel, who had been sitting in front of me during econs lecture! One of my faci, Chelsea was also my senior!
Upon reaching Saribum campsite, the first activity we had was to pitch a tent! It was my first time pitching a tent, but it was easier than expected.. cos it was the conventional tent where u have to nail it to the ground and stuff, had lunch. Next, we had to come out a name for our grp! And guess what, we're name 'A-hem', cos we have no idea what name we shld have, but it was cute! hahah! Its like the sound when u make when you're coughing. Hahahas! And for our banner, it was rather simple, decorating it with many q. marks ard! And I love the cheer we created! Credits to Jennifer!
It goes like this:
Who are we? A-hem! A-hem!
Who's going to win? A-hem! A-hem!
*turns to other grps*
You think you're gonna win?
*covers mouth* A-hem! A-hem!
Thats the way A-hem! A-hem!
We like it A-hem! A-hem!
Haha! Quite cute right?? I like the part 'you think you're gonna win?' heh!
Played a couple of teambuilding games! One game requires u to climb over the wall! To overcome this activity, i really must thank the guys! For letting my step on them and for pulling me up! I was seriously hanging there and would not be able to pull myself up if Davin didnt apply some arm strength! *Teamwork is the key* And we manage to get everyone across the wall! hehe! A sense of accomplishment!
The 2nd activity is some spiderweb game where we have to get across a series of strings as a grp without touching them! I tell u I've never been so dirty! I seriously followed the guys in front and crawl both on my back and using my arms! Both sides of my body r filled with soil and whatever u can find on the ground! The 3rd activity was to transport each member through the hole of a hanging tyre! My hands was aching straight after the activity! Had mass dance after that! Super fun! I dunno why i like mass dance so much! Hahas! Dinner and a couple of activities at night!
The waiting time for showering was terrible! Waited there with amanda and rachel like forever! But the feeling of being all clean was awesome! I was seriously half awake and asleep the whole night! The tent is seriously insufficient for 5 ppl!!
2nd day! Mass dance, breakfast. And I volunteered to help out for the clan's performance, just thought I shld step up at times and help out(: So the 4 of us, lavi, Ka Shen and Getson who kena picked when he unintentionally raised his hands while yawning! So the 4 of us with a few others from other grps in the same clan decided to do a mass dance. The I/Cs made us split into 3 different grps and each grp was supposed to choreograph their own moves for the respective songs! I can believe i followed Ka Shen and Getson to do the moves for the song 'I'm sexy and I know it', shld have seen the way Ka shen do those moves! Super hilarious! But it was gd!
Played a few games, 1st was one that requires us to slide down into a pool of mud!! Wahh! Ultimate gross!!! The sliding was fun! But not the mud! The next activity was to go down into a milo pool aka mud pool to play captain's ball!! That was the dirtiest day ever!! Wash up! Then we had our night finale! Performed and watch the other clans perform and there was a live band too!! Awesomeness!!! The sound system was super gd and everyone was super high! Was going all hyped up and singing with the grp! After the band stopped playing, they blasted clubbing music! Seriously was like in a club! So many ppl showing off their moves esp the guys! Was seriously enjoying the music! Cant believe I actually had 2nd thoughts of going the camp! Hehe! After that, our grp decided to play more games with each other, afterall its our last night tgt! We played games like 'I never...' ,'2 truths, 1 lie' and the traffic light game where we all exposed our relationship status. After shower, we had htht session with our facis till abt 2plus!
3rd day was the great challenge! Played a series of games with the aim of completing all of them with the shortest period of time. Hahas.. i'm getting lazy to blog abt the 3rd day! Hahas! so yups thats all abt it. Was super super tired when i reached home! Slept like 14h straight after bathing and dinner! Feels so gd to be in my comfy bed! Hahas!
But FTB is seriously a camp not to be missed! Looking forward to our next catch-up session with the grp! Which is dinner and bash at zouk!
Hoping all will keep in touch, bid modules tgt and perhaps go for sch
events tgt(: Captain America Gp 7 FTW! If u guys ever see this, though
I'm the quieter side, and easy-going as most have described abt ur
impression of me... hahas! But just wanna say love you guys!! And hope u
all had as much fun as I did!
