Welcome to sweet-dreams-memories.blogspot.com.
The site welcomes colorful and bright people!
Enjoy your stay here... as long as you want!
Thank you for visiting!
Its been quite some time since I've last blogged... hahas.. I wasnt exactly in the mood to blog these few days. Been drained from work and all the activities going on everyday. Hmmm.. where should i start?
Lets talk abt work...
With the rise in HFMD, the teachers are busier having to handle an extra task to take temperatures, check the students hands and for ulcers. Especially in siglap, we're like already short of manpower and yet we have more responsibilities to fulfil! In 2 days, I'll stop working at siglap. Having sort of mixed feelings on quitting, it's somewhat sad to leave students that I've always been teaching and I was only beginning to feel closer to them and finding the way to handle some more troublesome ones, but its time to leave. But, quitting siglap Kumon will give more time to rest, take a break and prepare for the uni term ahead, which doesnt seem easy but worth it. And it also gives me time to focus on my driving, hopefully I'll be able to get my licence by the end of the year and more time for my social life! Hahas! I will miss my colleagues too, hahas! With huixin and her constant loudness, laughing at cuihong's funny facial expressions, Wanleng, she's a sweet and quiet teacher and Cheryl! She's so sweet that she gave me melody stickers cos I found them cute! At that point in time, I felt like a kid in Kumon, super happy after receiving stickers! Hahas! (:
On toa payoh side, I'll still be working there till yr 2? Or when I feel that I'm unable to juggle between academics and work, so there's more time to get to know the students.
Next topic, Driving lessons! Got a new instructor for my 3rd and 4th lessons! Apparently i got the same instructor as Mich! He's funny! And talks more.. i think it sort of makes me less tense during lessons which is a gd thing! I think he's a gd teacher! And I do see improvements in my driving! Able to negotiate sharp turns without going the kerb :P and I did the 90 degree turn quite well(:(: Hope to get him again! Though he keeps suaning me >:( but the gd thing is that he's able to spot my weaknesses which helps me to improve! Lessons next wed and thurs again! Hopefully I'll be more confident, no, I will be more confident! My goal is really to drive as well as my dad! :D
Okay, shall move on to outings!
1. May babies birthday celebration! Went for an outing Zulaiha and Erika planned for our may babies! So sweet of the 2 of them to plan such event! So met up with Zulaiha, Erika, Siew Yan, Mich, Sylvina at Pasir ris mrt to go to Pasir Ris Park to have a picnic! Gosh, the weather was super hot and the grass is super muddy! I always get mud in my shoes every single time I go there! In the end, we settled on a pavement under the tree for our picnic! Erika and Zulaiha prepared sandwiches, beehoon and finger food to ensure we do not get hungry! Soon, Mariel, her brother, Candy and Ranice came to join us! Gosh, I swear, we're like some ant attracting object! Ants keep coming to us! Nonetheless, we just sat down and talk and camwhore, Mich and I never fail to camwhore! Hahahas! Its actually nice to just sit ard in a circle and just catch up with each other and enjoy the campanionship. I hope for more outings like this if possible(:
2. Dark Shadows movie with Bestie! Went with Bestie to Vivo to catch a movie! Hehe! I was so looking forward to that day! Its been a very very long time since the two of us had the time to spend the whole day together! Bought tickets and Bestie introduced me to this nice grill restaurant called The King Louis Grill and Bar! Though the food is a bit on the higher end, but its gd! The service was gd too! The waitress had the initiative to help us take a photo together when she saw us camwhoring! Hahas! I just love their curly fries and cheese chicken chop! Will recommend to go once in a while!
Dark Shadows was gd too! A great day spent with the right friend, awesome food and movie! No doubt the movie was rated 4 stars! It was something out of the ordinary and has comical elements! Catch it if u have the chance! :D We then went to bodyshop to check out their products since they're having some sale. I just love their cherry blossom body mist! So gonna get it when that products goes on sale!
3. Soccer Boys Finals! Met up with Siew Yan and Von at Lavender Mrt! I was there early cos I overestimated the travelling time from eunos mrt, so I stoned there for super long! While waiting, I met Faris! Chatted with him a bit.. nice to hear many of my classmates doing great after As results. When the 2 of them finally came, we headed to Jalan Bersah stadium. Match between VJ and ACJC was still going on.. hahas.. joined Huiling, erika and Ranice there...
When the match between MJ and SAJC finally started, the meridian spirit was immediately felt! I seriously miss soccer cheering! I guess it was a sig. part of my council journey! It was real fun cheering our hearts out with the 8ths! I must say that the match was a tough fight! During the first half, the score was nil-nil, only during the 2nd half MJ scored 2 goals! Awesome! I just love how the crowd goes high during that period of time!
4. Meet-up with Veron! Today met up with her at Simei to do some shopping! I bought this small diary at Diaso, so cute! Decorated it with my Melody sticker already! (:(: Ate at Eighteen chef! And i just love their Mango cream sauce! Yum Yum! We then went to tamp to walk ard! I saw this pink addidas tote bag! Super nice... after like a long long period of time, I've decided to buy it! heeee... I guess its a birthday gift I'm buying to myself(:
Okays, so thats basically all the outings..
Sighs, so many of my friends are going overseas to study! Bestie and laamber are the few! :( Been busy preparing pressies for them! So gonna miss them loads! If u guys happen to see this, do keep in touch kays! With whatever technological gadgets u have!!
June is coming sooon~ So excited!! Dinner celebration with family on 1st june! 2nd June is Teoheng, eastcoast park htht session with woman and Veron! But there's FTT that day! Must passs!!!! 3rd June, celebration with laamber! 4th/5th with Bestie!!! I feel so loved having so many ppl to celebrate my bday with me on different days! Love u guys loads! And i really really look forward to every single outing u guys planned!
When I was blogging, I was listening to the piano/cello version of A thousand years by the piano guys! The music that they create is simply beautiful and magical!
Its been quite some time since I've last blogged... hahas.. I wasnt exactly in the mood to blog these few days. Been drained from work and all the activities going on everyday. Hmmm.. where should i start?
Lets talk abt work...
With the rise in HFMD, the teachers are busier having to handle an extra task to take temperatures, check the students hands and for ulcers. Especially in siglap, we're like already short of manpower and yet we have more responsibilities to fulfil! In 2 days, I'll stop working at siglap. Having sort of mixed feelings on quitting, it's somewhat sad to leave students that I've always been teaching and I was only beginning to feel closer to them and finding the way to handle some more troublesome ones, but its time to leave. But, quitting siglap Kumon will give more time to rest, take a break and prepare for the uni term ahead, which doesnt seem easy but worth it. And it also gives me time to focus on my driving, hopefully I'll be able to get my licence by the end of the year and more time for my social life! Hahas! I will miss my colleagues too, hahas! With huixin and her constant loudness, laughing at cuihong's funny facial expressions, Wanleng, she's a sweet and quiet teacher and Cheryl! She's so sweet that she gave me melody stickers cos I found them cute! At that point in time, I felt like a kid in Kumon, super happy after receiving stickers! Hahas! (:
On toa payoh side, I'll still be working there till yr 2? Or when I feel that I'm unable to juggle between academics and work, so there's more time to get to know the students.
Next topic, Driving lessons! Got a new instructor for my 3rd and 4th lessons! Apparently i got the same instructor as Mich! He's funny! And talks more.. i think it sort of makes me less tense during lessons which is a gd thing! I think he's a gd teacher! And I do see improvements in my driving! Able to negotiate sharp turns without going the kerb :P and I did the 90 degree turn quite well(:(: Hope to get him again! Though he keeps suaning me >:( but the gd thing is that he's able to spot my weaknesses which helps me to improve! Lessons next wed and thurs again! Hopefully I'll be more confident, no, I will be more confident! My goal is really to drive as well as my dad! :D
Okay, shall move on to outings!
1. May babies birthday celebration! Went for an outing Zulaiha and Erika planned for our may babies! So sweet of the 2 of them to plan such event! So met up with Zulaiha, Erika, Siew Yan, Mich, Sylvina at Pasir ris mrt to go to Pasir Ris Park to have a picnic! Gosh, the weather was super hot and the grass is super muddy! I always get mud in my shoes every single time I go there! In the end, we settled on a pavement under the tree for our picnic! Erika and Zulaiha prepared sandwiches, beehoon and finger food to ensure we do not get hungry! Soon, Mariel, her brother, Candy and Ranice came to join us! Gosh, I swear, we're like some ant attracting object! Ants keep coming to us! Nonetheless, we just sat down and talk and camwhore, Mich and I never fail to camwhore! Hahahas! Its actually nice to just sit ard in a circle and just catch up with each other and enjoy the campanionship. I hope for more outings like this if possible(:
2. Dark Shadows movie with Bestie! Went with Bestie to Vivo to catch a movie! Hehe! I was so looking forward to that day! Its been a very very long time since the two of us had the time to spend the whole day together! Bought tickets and Bestie introduced me to this nice grill restaurant called The King Louis Grill and Bar! Though the food is a bit on the higher end, but its gd! The service was gd too! The waitress had the initiative to help us take a photo together when she saw us camwhoring! Hahas! I just love their curly fries and cheese chicken chop! Will recommend to go once in a while!
Dark Shadows was gd too! A great day spent with the right friend, awesome food and movie! No doubt the movie was rated 4 stars! It was something out of the ordinary and has comical elements! Catch it if u have the chance! :D We then went to bodyshop to check out their products since they're having some sale. I just love their cherry blossom body mist! So gonna get it when that products goes on sale!
3. Soccer Boys Finals! Met up with Siew Yan and Von at Lavender Mrt! I was there early cos I overestimated the travelling time from eunos mrt, so I stoned there for super long! While waiting, I met Faris! Chatted with him a bit.. nice to hear many of my classmates doing great after As results. When the 2 of them finally came, we headed to Jalan Bersah stadium. Match between VJ and ACJC was still going on.. hahas.. joined Huiling, erika and Ranice there...
When the match between MJ and SAJC finally started, the meridian spirit was immediately felt! I seriously miss soccer cheering! I guess it was a sig. part of my council journey! It was real fun cheering our hearts out with the 8ths! I must say that the match was a tough fight! During the first half, the score was nil-nil, only during the 2nd half MJ scored 2 goals! Awesome! I just love how the crowd goes high during that period of time!
4. Meet-up with Veron! Today met up with her at Simei to do some shopping! I bought this small diary at Diaso, so cute! Decorated it with my Melody sticker already! (:(: Ate at Eighteen chef! And i just love their Mango cream sauce! Yum Yum! We then went to tamp to walk ard! I saw this pink addidas tote bag! Super nice... after like a long long period of time, I've decided to buy it! heeee... I guess its a birthday gift I'm buying to myself(:
Okays, so thats basically all the outings..
Sighs, so many of my friends are going overseas to study! Bestie and laamber are the few! :( Been busy preparing pressies for them! So gonna miss them loads! If u guys happen to see this, do keep in touch kays! With whatever technological gadgets u have!!
June is coming sooon~ So excited!! Dinner celebration with family on 1st june! 2nd June is Teoheng, eastcoast park htht session with woman and Veron! But there's FTT that day! Must passs!!!! 3rd June, celebration with laamber! 4th/5th with Bestie!!! I feel so loved having so many ppl to celebrate my bday with me on different days! Love u guys loads! And i really really look forward to every single outing u guys planned!
When I was blogging, I was listening to the piano/cello version of A thousand years by the piano guys! The music that they create is simply beautiful and magical!
Profile
Ho Choi Yee Ivy
“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
Skin by LiyanaVansX.
Images from weheartit.
Beautiful colour palette by drooling.
Do tell me nicely if I've used your stuff withough crediting, thanks.